- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) tomato pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In large skillet, cook beef and onion until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain well. Stir in pasta sauce; cook until heated through.
- Combine mozzarella cheese and sour cream.
- Pour hot beef mixture into ungreased 10-inch (25 cm) glass deep dish pie plate or 9x13-inch (23 x 33 cm) rectangular baking pan. Spoon cheese mixture over beef mixture.
- Separate dough into 4 rectangles and place over cheese mixture. (If using pie plate, separate dough into 8 triangles: arrange points toward center over cheese mixture.)
- Combine Parmesan cheese and butter. Spread evenly over dough.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Great with lean ground turkey or chicken.