- 1 pkg Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 1/2 quarts wild berries, such as black raspberries, blackberries, black mulberries, blueberries, red huckleberries, black huckleberries, strawberries (about 5 cups/1.25 L)
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Follow directions on package for 2-crust pie, using 9-inch pie plate.
- To make filling, mix berries, sugar and cornstarch together in large bowl. Add fresh lemon juice. Place in crust-lined pie plate. Add second crust to top of pie and seal; cut slits in pastry. If you like, brush top with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Place pie on middle oven rack; place sheet of foil on rack below pie in case of spillover.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool at least 3 hours before serving.
- If you don't have any wild berries, you can purchase any combination of fresh berries from your local supermarket.
- If using wild berries such as huckleberries or mulberries, you may want to increase the sugar slightly due to the tartness.