Wacky Monster Cookies
These funny monster face cookies will put a smile on your family's faces this Halloween. Spark creativity with a variety of sweet treats and colorful frostings to decorate your monster sugar cookies. These imaginative cookies are super customizable and a perfect way for kids to join in. Have fun decorating your cookies for maximum silliness.
- 1 roll (468 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 container (450 g) vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting
Decorations, as desired
- Neon gel food colours (orange, purple and green)
- Rope licorice, candy eyes, large and miniature marshmallows, candy corn, 1 pouch black cookie icing
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). In large bowl, crumble cookie dough and add flour, kneading until well blended. (DO NOT EAT RAW COOKIE DOUGH AFTER COMBINING WITH FLOUR.)
- On floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2 1/2- to 3 1/2-inch shape cookie cutters (round, square, triangle). On ungreased cookie sheets, place cutouts 2 inches apart. Reroll dough and cut additional cookies.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely. Meanwhile, separate frosting into 3 small bowls, and add gel food colour; mix to desired colours. Frost and decorate cookies, using photo as a guide.
- Don’t have shape cookie cutters? Kids’ cutting tools (washed), pizza cutter or a knife can be used to cut your own shapes.
- Use your sense of humor and imagination when decorating.
- Kitchen scissors or small, round cutters, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, work great for cutting large and mini marshmallows for decorating.