Upside-Down Cinnamon-Apple Coffee Cake
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 60 min
Top off cinnamon rolls with apples before baking for a simple fall twist on sticky buns.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 can (351 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Cinnamon Rolls with Icing (8 count)
- 1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 9-inch glass pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of the apples in sprayed pan.
- Separate dough into 8 rolls. Cut each roll into quarters; place in large bowl. Add remaining 1/2 cup apples and pecans.
- In small bowl, combine margarine, brown sugar and corn syrup; mix well. Add brown sugar mixture to dough mixture; toss gently to combine. Spoon mixture over apples in pan.
- Bake for 28 to 38 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto serving platter.
- Remove lid from icing. Microwave icing on HIGH for 10 to 15 seconds or until of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve warm.