- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 can (398 mL) sloppy joe sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 2 cans (10 count each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Country Biscuits
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375ºF (190°C).
- Cook beef in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat for 7 to 8 minutes, breaking into small chunks and stirring constantly while cooking. Drain.
- Stir in sauce and chili powder. Cook and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Separate dough into 20 biscuit pieces. Put two pieces together (one on top of other) and press to flatten into 6-inch (15 cm) circles. Spoon slightly heaping 1/4 cup (50 mL) meat mixture and 1 tbsp (15 mL) cheese onto centre of each dough round. Fold dough in half over filling; press to seal.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits.
- Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- If you only want to make 5 Unsloppy Joes instead of 10, just use one can of Pillsbury biscuits and freeze half of the meat mixture for another meal occasion.