Twix™ Slab Pie
This giant candy bar pie is one for the ages. If you like Twix™ cookie bars you’ll love this cool and creamy chocolate pudding pie, topped with a caramel drizzle and Twix™ pieces. And since it’s a giant slab pie, you know there’ll be plenty left for seconds. Recipe by Tablespoon.com
- 1 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 2 boxes (135 g/6 svg each) Jell-O™ Cook & Serve chocolate pudding & pie filling mix (not instant)
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 3 cups Cool Whip™ frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 5 packages (1.79 oz each) Twix™ cookie bars, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- Heat oven to 450°F. Remove pie crusts from pouches. On lightly floured surface, unroll and stack crusts one on top of the other. Roll to 17x12-inch rectangle. Fit crust into 15x10x1-inch pan, pressing firmly into corners and sides. Fold extra crust under, even with edges of pan. Using fork, prick all over bottom and sides.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and completely baked. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in 4-quart saucepan, cook milk and pudding mix over medium heat 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips; stir until melted and smooth. Pour onto baked crust. Spread out. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until set.
- When ready to serve, spread whipped topping on pudding layer. Drizzle with caramel; sprinkle chopped bars over top. Store covered in refrigerator.
- Slab pies are the perfect pie for potlucks or large gatherings -- easy to put together, and serves a crowd!
- To ensure success of this recipe, be sure to use pudding that is cooked on the stovetop, and not instant.
- You can use cooking parchment paper or waxed paper to roll out the dough for easier cleanup.