Tropical Pineapple-Cream Cheese Tart
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 1 hr 50 min
The combination of tart pineapple and smooth cream cheese is irresistible in a dessert that's made easily with Pillsbury™ unroll-and-fill pie crust.
- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) coconut extract
- 1 egg
- 1 can (19 Fl oz/ 540 mL) crushed pineapple in syrup, well drained, 1/4 cup (50 mL) liquid reserved
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Unroll pie crust on work surface. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar; roll in lightly with rolling pin. Press crust, sugar side up, in bottom and up side of 10- or 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim edges if necessary.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 400ºF.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add 1/4 cup sugar, the coconut extract and egg; beat until well blended. Pour into partially baked shell. Carefully spoon pineapple over cream cheese mixture. (Pineapple will not completely cover cream cheese.)
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is puffed around edges and set.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, mix reserved 1/4 cup pineapple liquid and the cornstarch until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until glaze boils and thickens. Spoon pineapple glaze over pineapple. Cool completely, about 1 hour, before serving. Cover and refrigerate any remaining tart.
- Many people like the flavor of coconut but not its texture. We've used coconut extract to add the flavor without the texture.