- 30 frozen meatballs, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cans (10 count each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Country Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Old El Paso™ Thick n’ Chunky Salsa, strained
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Old El Paso™ Taco Sauce, Mild
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Cook meatballs for about 10 minutes or until heated through. Set aside; let cool. Cut each meatball in half.
- Separate biscuits and cut each one into four pieces; roll into balls.
- Strain salsa, reserving vegetables; set aside salsa liquid for dipping sauce. Arrange one-third of dough balls in even layer in bottom of prepared pan. Layer half of the meatballs, salsa vegetables and cheese over top; repeat layers once. Top with remaining dough balls.
- 5. Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes. Place serving plate over Bundt pan; carefully turn out bread onto serving plate. In small bowl, stir together salsa liquid, sour cream, taco sauce and green onions. Serve with warm bread.
- Use hot salsa and taco sauce for a spicy version.
- Omit meatballs for a vegetarian-friendly dish.
- Substitute browned ground beef or turkey for meatballs if desired.
- A shredded Tex-Mex cheese blend would also be delicious in this recipe.
- To add a special touch, sprinkle warm monkey bread with additional shredded mozzarella cheese just before serving.