- 1 lb (500g) ground beef
- 1 package (35g) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup (250mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (8 count each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, taco sauce or salsa, as desired
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). In 10-inch (25 cm) nonstick skillet, cook beef until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning mix and 1/2 cup (125 mL) water. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. In medium bowl, mix beef mixture and cheese.
- Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 16 triangles. On ungreased large cookie sheet, arrange triangles in ring so short sides of triangles form a 5-inch (13 cm) circle in centre. Dough will overlap. Dough ring should look like the sun.
- Spoon beef mixture on the half of each triangle closest to centre of ring.
- Bring each dough triangle up over filling, tucking dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around ring until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little).
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into serving slices.
- Don't care for ground beef? Substitute chicken instead!