- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) hazelnut spread with cocoa
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) evaporated milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
Garnishes, if desired
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) hazelnut spread with cocoa, warmed
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using 9-inch glass pie plate except bake 5 to 7 minutes or just until set; cool 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF. Spread hazelnut spread evenly on bottom only of crust; sprinkle chocolate chips and peanuts over hazelnut spread. In small bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form; set aside. In large bowl, beat egg yolks and brown sugar on medium speed until mixture is light in color and thickens. Add peanut butter and corn syrup; beat until blended. Beat in milk and vanilla gradually on low speed. Gently stir egg whites into peanut butter mixture until blended; spread over chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Bake 32 to 38 minutes or until filling is set (center may be slightly soft). Serve pie warm or at room temperature drizzled with warmed hazelnut spread and sweetened whipped cream. Store in refrigerator.
- To make sweetened whipped cream, in chilled small bowl, beat 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 2 teaspoons powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.