Superspeedway Taco Pie
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 40 min
Your family will race to the table when you serve this crescent-crusted taco pie in which crushed corn chips add just the right crunch!
- 1 to 1 1/4 lb (500 g to 625 g) lean ground beef
- 1 (24 g) package taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sliced stuffed green olives or pitted ripe olives
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups crushed corn chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce, if desired
- Avocado slices, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Cook ground beef in 10-inch skillet until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix, water and olives. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate crescent dough into 8 triangles. Place triangles in ungreased 9 or 10-inch pie plate, pressing to form crust. Sprinkle 1 cup of the corn chips over bottom of crust.
- Spoon beef mixture into corn chips in crust. Spread sour cream over beef mixture. Cover with cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 to 1 cup corn chips.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cut in wedges. Serve immediately with lettuce and avocado. Store in refrigerator.
- To make ahead, assemble pie and cover with foil; refrigerate up to 2 hours before baking. Uncover; bake as directed above.
- To reheat, bake, uncovered, at 350°F (180°C) for 10 to 15 minutes or until hot.