- 2 cans (8 count each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter (do not use margarine)
- 2 cups (500 mL) slivered almonds
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Unroll both cans of dough into 2 large rectangles. Place in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan; press over bottom to form crust. Press perforations to seal.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add almonds and sugar; cook 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until nuts just begin to brown. Spoon and spread mixture evenly over dough.
- Bake 11 to 16 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown. Cool 30 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve warm or cool.