Stuffed Pepperoni Pizza Braid
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
A beautifully braided pizza crust stuffed with pepperoni, pizza sauce and tons of ooey-gooey melted cheese. An easy dinner or quick game-day appetizer! Recipe by Girl versus Dough. Recipe by Girl Versus Dough.
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pizza Crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella and/or Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup pepperoni slices, divided, plus more for topping
- Heat oven to 425°F (400°F for a dark or nonstick baking sheet). Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll pizza crust and press into a 10-by-13-inch rectangle on prepared baking sheet. Use kitchen scissors or a knife to cut 8 equal strips along each of the two longer edges, leaving a 3-inch space down the centre of the dough rectangle.
- Spoon pizza sauce along the centre of the pizza dough, then sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese. Top with 1/3 cup of pepperoni slices, then sprinkle with another 3/4 cup shredded cheese and remaining 1/3 cup pepperonis.
- Starting from one end, fold strips of dough over the filling to the centre, so the ends overlap and it looks braided. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and a few more slices of pepperoni.
- Bake 20 minutes until crust is golden brown and baked through and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- For a vegetarian version, swap pepperoni for spinach, peppers, mushrooms and/or olives.