Strawberry-Rhubarb Slab Pie
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 2 hr 0 min
Rhubarb and strawberries are the perfect combination in this easy-to-make slab pie.
- 2 packages Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 3 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) cut rhubarb
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Heat oven to 400°F. Remove 2 of the pie crusts from pouches. Unroll and stack on lightly floured surface. Roll to 17x12-inch rectangle. Fit crust into ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, pressing into corners. Do not trim pie crust edges.
- In large bowl, mix rhubarb, strawberries, 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar, the brown sugar, cornstarch and orange peel until well mixed. Spoon into crust-lined pan.
- Unroll and stack remaining 2 pie crusts on lightly floured surface. Roll to 17x12-inch rectangle. Place on top of rhubarb mixture. Pinch edges of crusts together to seal, tucking under extra pastry crust, if necessary. Flute or crimp edges. Cut several slits in top crust; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 hour.
- If desired, brush crust with milk before sprinkling with sugar.
- Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.