- 1 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen strawberries, thawed, drained and juice reserved
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) cornstarch
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped frozen rhubarb (partially thawed)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) coarse sugar
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie plate.
- In large bowl, place reserved strawberry juice. In small bowl, mix granulated sugar and cornstarch; whisk into reserved strawberry juice. Stir in rhubarb and strawberries; spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Dot with butter.
- Bake 20 minutes. Cover crust edges with foil. Bake 20 to 30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool at least 2 hours before serving.
- Cover edge of crust with strips of foik, Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove foil last 5 minutes of baking. Cool at least 2 hours before serving.
- Top with fresh whipped cream or slightly softened ice cream, if desired.