- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped fresh or frozen (thawed) rhubarb
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) orange juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced fresh or frozen (thawed) strawberries
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated orange peel
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream, whipped
- In 2-quart saucepan, cook rhubarb, 1 cup sugar and orange juice over medium heat 15 to 17 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb is very tender and mixture is thick and syrupy. Cool to room temperature, about 25 minutes. Fold in strawberries.
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease baking sheet. In small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon sugar and the orange peel.
- Unroll dough; press perforations to seal.
- Sprinkle dough with sugar-orange peel mixture. Starting at short side of rectangle, roll up dough; seal edges. Cut roll crosswise into 6 slices; place cut side down on baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes.
- To serve, place shortcakes in individual dessert bowls. Spoon topping over shortcakes. Garnish with whipped cream. Store in refrigerator.