Strawberry Fluff Pie
Fruit and cream lovers, this retro pie is for you! A flaky Pillsbury™ Pie Crust is filled with a fluffy fruit-flavoured mixture studded with fresh strawberries, and everything takes a chill in the fridge for a few hours until the pie is ready to slice and serve.
- 1 crust from 1 box (400 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 count), softened as directed on box
- 1 box (4-serving size) strawberry-flavoured gelatin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 cups frozen whipped topping (from 1 L container), thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 8 fresh strawberry halves
- Heat oven to 450°F (230°C). Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix gelatin, sugar and boiling water until gelatin is dissolved.* Refrigerate until mixture just begins to thicken and get syrupy, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir whipped topping into gelatin mixture until well blended. Fold in sliced strawberries. Spoon into cooled baked shell. Arrange strawberry halves around outer edge of pie. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until serving time. Store in refrigerator.
- *If gelatin does not dissolve during stirring, heat in microwave on High 10 seconds; stir and repeat if necessary.
- For added creaminess, serve each slice with a dollop of extra whipped topping.