Stacked Cinnamon Roll Christmas Tree
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
Take classic cinnamon rolls to the next level with this easy and impressive tree.
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls With Icing
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) coloured sugar
- Heat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Separate dough into 8 rolls. Use kitchen scissors or knife to cut each roll into 4 pieces.
- Shape each piece into small ball, and place on cookie sheet. Place 10 balls in a single layer, clustered and touching together to form a round disk shape. Continue with a formation of 8 balls, then 6 balls, then 4 balls, 3 balls and finally a single ball. There will be a total of 6 disks (including the single ball), which will form the layers of the tree after baking.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Meanwhile, transfer icing to microwavable liquid measuring cup. Microwave uncovered on High 10 to 15 seconds or until pourable.
- Use large, flat spatula to transfer largest disk to serving platter or cake plate. Drizzle with small amount of icing, then top with next largest disk. Drizzle with small amount of icing. Continue with remaining disks, ending with single ball. Drizzle remaining icing over tree. After drizzling, immediately sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Assemble tree on a small footed cake plate to imitate a tree trunk.
- For added flair, stir a few drops of food colour into the icing after assembling the tree. Drizzle with coloured icing.