Snowman Cinnamon Rolls
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
When a kid-friendly recipe doubles as a kid-friendly activity, we know we’re on to something! Bring the magic of snowman-building indoors with these five-ingredient cinnamon rolls that are perfect for holidays, snow days and Saturdays!
- 1 can (496 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Cinnamon Rolls with Icing (5 count)
- 125 g (half of 250 g package) cream cheese, softened
- Blue gel food colour
- 5 small white gumdrops
- 5 small orange gumdrops
- 35 brown M&M's® Minis® chocolate candies
- Candy sprinkles and coloured sugars, as desired
- Small coloured gumdrops, as desired
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Separate dough into 5 rolls; return icing to refrigerator. Place rolls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet; flatten rolls slightly with hands.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until light golden brown and firm enough to turn; turn over, and continue to bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, place icing from container. Add cream cheese; beat with spoon until well blended. On flat side of each roll, spread 1 heaping tablespoon cream cheese icing over bottom two-thirds of roll.
- For hat, to remaining icing, tint with blue food colour to desired colour. Spread 2 teaspoons tinted icing to cover unfrosted part on each roll. Slightly flatten white gumdrop; place on hat for pom pom. Press 1 orange gumdrop to form pointed nose; place in centre of roll. Place brown candies for eyes and smile. Repeat for remaining rolls. Decorate using photo as a guide.
- Make your snowman rolls even more festive, and use red or green food colour instead of blue for the hats.
- If desired, use miniature chocolate chips instead of M&M’s™ Minis™ chocolate candies. Or use both!
- To quickly soften cream cheese, remove from wrapper, and place on microwavable plate; microwave uncovered on High about 15 seconds or just until softened.