- 1 lb (500 g) ground Italian pork sausage
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups beef flavoured broth
- 1 can (796 mL) fire roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (796 mL) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (540 mL) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 medium dark-orange sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents, if desired
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix sausage and remaining ingredients except cheese and rolls.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours. Meanwhile, bake crescents as directed on can. Stir chili well before serving. Top each serving with cheese. Serve with crescents.
- Not a fan of sweet potatoes? Swap out the sweet potatoes for regular potatoes instead.
- A dollop of sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro take this chili to another level.