- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 lb/1 kg)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 stalks celery, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
Pie Crust Crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix chicken, broth, carrots, potatoes, celery, onion, thyme, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and the pepper. Cover; cook on High heat setting 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165°F) and potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Uncover; using 2 forks, shred chicken into large chunks. In small bowl, beat cornstarch and water with whisk until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture and whipping cream to slow cooker; stir to combine. Cover; cook about 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in parsley.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 450°F. In small bowl, mix melted butter, thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well blended. Unroll pie crusts on 2 large ungreased baking sheets; brush with seasoned butter. With pizza cutter or knife, cut pie crust into 4x1-inch strips. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pot pie.
- If you like your pie crust crackers cheesy, sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese on top of each crust after you brush with butter, before cutting them into strips.
- If you like peas in your pot pie, you can add 1/2 cup frozen sweet peas (thawed) 10 minutes before you stir in the cornstarch mixture.