Slow-Cooker Caramel-Banana Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 2 hr 10 min
Don’t let the title fool you—this slow-cooker breakfast is as easy as it gets. It features so many of our favorite flavors (with only five ingredients!), that we had to put them all in the recipe name!
- 4 oz (from 8-oz package) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (5 count) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls With Icing
- 4 firm medium bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 3 cups)
- Spray 6-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave cream cheese, 3/4 cup of the caramel sauce and the milk uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, beating with whisk every 30 seconds, until cream cheese is combined.
- Separate dough into 5 rolls; return icing to refrigerator. Cut each roll into 8 pieces, and stir into cream cheese mixture until well coated. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover top of insert with large kitchen towel. Place slow-cooker lid on top of towel. (This will prevent condensation from dripping onto rolls during cooking.) Cook on Low heat setting 1 hour. Carefully remove slow cooker’s ceramic insert, leaving cover on, and rotate insert 180 degrees. Continue to cook on Low heat setting 45 minutes to 90 minutes or until golden brown and dough is baked through in center. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, place icing from container; add remaining 1/4 cup caramel sauce. Microwave uncovered on High 10 to 15 seconds or until warm; stir until blended. Top casserole with sliced bananas, and serve with caramel icing.
- Slow cookers vary. Keep an eye on your casserole as it nears the end of cooking time.
- To ripen bananas quickly, place them in a paper bag at room temperature for 1 to 2 days.