- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 box (300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup creamy Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup diced chicken breast, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil and drained,) divided
- 3 sticks mozzarella string cheese
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pizza Crust
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 10-inch oven-safe non-stick skillet (or cast iron skillet) with 1 teaspoon butter.
- Squeeze excess water out of spinach.
- Stir spinach into the Alfredo sauce. Add half of the shredded mozzarella cheese along with 2/3 of the diced chicken and 2/3 of the sun-dried tomatoes. Stir just until combined.
- Cut each string cheese into 4 pieces. Unroll pizza dough and cut it into 12 squares.
- Brush egg white over pieces of pizza dough. Set one piece of the string cheese on a square of dough. Attach opposing corners of the dough, then pinch around the edges to seal the dough. Pinch and roll into a ball.
- Set balls of dough around the edge of the buttered skillet, creating one row of 12.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into the centre of the skillet.
- Brush the tops of the dough balls with olive oil and sprinkle the shredded Parmesan cheese over top.
- Sprinkle some of the remaining mozzarella cheese and all the remaining chicken and sun-dried tomatoes over the spinach dip, then top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes, until the pizza crust turns deep golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.