- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) ground cloves
- 1 can (14 floz/398 mL) pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 can (385 mL) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) whipping cream (optional)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C). Prepare pie crust according to package directions for One Crust Pie using 9" (23 cm) pie plate.
- In large bowl, beat eggs slightly with wire whisk or hand beater. Beat in 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar, the cinnamon, salt, ginger, cloves, pumpkin and milk.
- To prevent spilling, place pastry-lined pie plate on oven rack before adding filling. Carefully pour pumpkin filling into pie plate. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C) Bake about 45 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Place pie on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- If desired, in chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream and 2 tbsp (25 mL) sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Serve pie with whipped cream. Store whipped cream in refrigerator.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftover pie.
- There's no last minute fuss and muss when you freeze spoonfuls of whipped cream to use later. Just drop whipped cream by 8 spoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Freeze uncovered at least 2 hours. Then, place frozen mounds of whipped cream in a freezer container. Cover tightly and freeze no longer than 2 months. When you're ready to use, simply place the frozen mounds directly onto the pie — it thaws very quickly.