Secret-Ingredient Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake
We bet you’d never guess the secret ingredient in this lemon-blueberry pound cake! This genius twist on the classic dessert only takes 15 minutes to prep, and it’s all thanks to sugar cookie dough (yes, sugar cookie dough!). With just a few additional ingredients—sour cream, egg, lemon zest and fresh blueberries, to be precise—this one-bowl cake is ready for the oven. And don’t forget the sweet-tart lemon glaze—it takes this delicious treat to the next level.
- 1 roll (468 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen (do not thaw) blueberries
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 8x4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; lightly flour.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add sour cream, egg and lemon zest. (DO NOT EAT RAW COOKIE DOUGH AFTER COMBINING WITH EGG.) Beat with electric mixer on medium-low speed 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth. Fold in blueberries. Spoon mixture evenly into pan.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Remove cake from pan; place on cooling rack.
- In small bowl, mix icing sugar and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice; continue adding lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired drizzling consistency. Spoon glaze over hot cake. Cool 45 minutes before serving.
- If you are using frozen blueberries instead of fresh, add about 10 minutes to your bake time.
- This would be great paired with fresh berries and whipped cream. It’s classic yet modern and will never go out of style.