Sausage Crescent Cheese Balls
Learning how to make sausage balls with Pillsbury™ Crescents couldn't be easier with this simple recipe. This family-friendly treat is a delicious way to get everyone involved in making a scrumptious appetizer that's sure to be a hit. Create new memories while making Sausage Crescent Cheese Balls with your kids.
- 1 lb (500 g) bulk spicy sausage
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix sausage, cheese and rosemary; mix well using hands or spoon.
- Unroll crescent dough on work surface; coat each side of dough with 1 tablespoon flour. Using pizza cutter or knife, cut dough into about 1/4-inch pieces. Mix crescent dough pieces into bowl of sausage mixture in small amounts until well blended.
- Shape mixture into 42 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Place on pan. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- If you can't find bulk sausage, you can buy raw sausages, slit the casing with a knife and remove the meat.
- To add a little kick (especially if you use sausage that's not spicy), add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce.
- You can make the sausage cheese balls ahead. Just place on pan, cover with foil and reheat in the oven at 350°F (180°C) until heated through.