- 1/2 lb (250 g) bulk Italian turkey sausage
- 1 box frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1 cup (250 mL) low fat cottage cheese, drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced garlic
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 3 slices (1 oz each) provolone cheese
- 3 slices (1 oz each) mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 375ºF. In large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain.
- In large bowl, mix spinach, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic and cooked sausage.
- Unroll dough into 1 large rectangle on ungreased cookie sheet. Press into 13x8-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations and seams to seal.
- Spoon sausage mixture in 4-inch-wide strip lengthwise down centre of rectangle. Top with slices of both cheeses.
- With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on long sides of dough rectangle to within 1/2 inch of sausage mixture. Fold strips of dough up over sausage mixture to meet in centre; seal.
- Bake 18 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet; cut crosswise.