- 1/2 lb (250 g) bulk mild Italian pork sausage
- 1 1/2 cups diced bell peppers (any mix of colours)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (391 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pizza Crust
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup marinara-style pasta sauce, heated
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C). In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage and bell peppers over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring to crumble pork, until pork is no longer pink and completely cooked. Spoon mixture into medium bowl. Stir in cheese and pepper until blended.
- Cut dough into 4 rectangles; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Spoon 1/2 cup sausage mixture on half of each rectangle. Fold dough over filling, overlapping about 1 inch. Press edges to seal. Brush tops with egg.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve with warm marinara sauce.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into rectangles.