- 1 roll (468 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ vanilla frosting
- Red, yellow and black gel food colours
- 48 white vanilla baking chips (for Santa’s suit buttons)
- Heat oven to 350ºF. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in 1/4 cup all-purpose flour until well blended. Shape dough into 24 (1½-inch) balls. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Meanwhile, slightly flatten marshmallows.
- Remove from oven, and top each cookie with marshmallow. Return to oven, and bake 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheets; cool completely on cooling racks. Meanwhile, separate frosting into 3 small bowls, using 1 1/4 cups to make red frosting, 1/4 cup for yellow frosting and 1/4 cup for black frosting. Add food colour to each, and mix to get desired colours (red, yellow and black). Frost and decorate cookies to look like Santa’s belly, using photo as a guide.
- As an alternative to yellow and black frosting, try using colourful candies (black licorice, gumdrops, mini candy-coated chocolates) to customize Santa’s belt and buckle.
- Store cookies in covered container.
- It does help to flatten the marshmallows slightly before frosting if they seem too puffy.