Santa Crescent Pizzas
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
We made a list (and checked it twice), and these five-ingredient appetizers are on the must-make list this holiday season! They take a few basic ingredients and turn them into a fun holiday appetizer that’s almost too cute to eat—almost.
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 3 slices (21 g each) mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices (1 1/2 inch) pepperoni
- 3 slices black olives, each cut in 8 pieces
- 12 slices green olives, each cut in half
- Pizza sauce, warmed, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Remove dough from can; do not unroll. Cut roll of dough into 12 (1/2-inch) slices. Place 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until just golden brown; turn over.
- Meanwhile, using 2 1/2-inch round cutter, cut 4 half circles from each slice of cheese for beards. Cut 1/4-inch strip from straight side of each half circle for bottoms of hats. Using same cutter, make hats: Cut 1/2-inch football-shape piece away from right side of each slice of pepperoni. Using paring knife, cut 1/4 inch from bottom of each slice of pepperoni. Reserve remaining cheese and pepperoni for another use, or discard.
- Using photo as a guide, top with mozzarella and pepperoni. Decorate with olives. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until crescents are golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve with warmed pizza sauce.
- If cutting the pepperoni into a Santa hat shape seems too difficult, cut pepperoni into small triangles instead.
- A serrated knife is the best choice for cutting the raw dough, but a very sharp chef’s knife will also work.