Salted Caramel Apple Slab Pie
Prep Time: 35 min
Total Time: 1 hr 40 min
Apple pie is a snap when using ready-to-bake pie crust! Salted caramel and apples are topped with a crumbly, brown sugar-oatmeal streusel and baked to perfection in this easy-to-make slab pie that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut in pieces
- 1 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 9 cups sliced peeled apples (9 medium)
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce (or regular caramel sauce)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Vanilla ice cream and additional salted caramel sauce
- Heat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, mix 1 1/4 cups flour, the oats and brown sugar until blended. Cut in cold butter, using fork or pastry blender, until mixture is crumbly. (Do not overmix.) Set aside.
- Remove pie crusts from pouches. On lightly floured surface, unroll and stack crusts one on top of the other. Roll to 17x12-inch rectangle. Fit crust into ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, pressing firmly into corners and sides. Fold extra crust under, even with edges of pan. Flute or crimp edges.
- In large bowl, stir Filling ingredients until well coated. Spread evenly in pan. Sprinkle streusel over top of apples.
- Bake 38 to 43 minutes or until crust and topping are golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool at least 20 minutes before cutting. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Serve with ice cream, and drizzle with additional caramel sauce.
- Slab pies are the perfect pie for potlucks or large gatherings--easy to put together and serves a crowd!
- Granny Smith apples were used in this recipe--choose your favorite baking apple, such as McIntosh, Braeburn or Honeycrisp.