- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 3 1/4 cups (800 mL) coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) icing sugar
- Fresh mint, if desired
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Lightly spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Remove pie crust from pouch; unroll on baking sheet.
- In medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and the cornstarch. Gently stir in 3 cups of the strawberries. Spoon onto centre of crust, spreading to within 2 inches of edge. Fold 2-inch crust edge up over filling, pleating decoratively. Brush crust edge with water; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat whipping cream and icing sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. In another small bowl, mash remaining 1/4 cup strawberries; fold into whipped cream. Serve tart with strawberry whipped cream. Garnish with fresh mint.
- Frozen strawberries are not recommended for this recipe because they will add too much moisture to the tart.