- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1 container (5 oz) goat cheese (about 3/4 cup/175 mL)
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) roasted red bell peppers (from 15-oz jar), drained, patted dry with paper towel and cut into 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) pieces
- 2 1/2 tsp (12 mL) finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tsp (10 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp (1 to 2 mL) garlic powder
- Snall fresh oregano leaves
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Line 2 large cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper. On floured work surface, unroll pie crust. Using 1 3/4-inch round cookie or canapé cutter, cut out 32 rounds; place about 1/2 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon goat cheese on each dough round. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together chopped roasted peppers, finely chopped oregano, oil and garlic powder until well blended.
- Immediately top each baked cheese-topped round with 1 teaspoon red pepper mixture; place on serving platter. Garnish each with oregano leaf. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Be sure to store goat cheese in the refrigerator, tightly wrapped in plastic and away from eggs, butter and other foods that might easily pick up flavours.