Roasted Butternut Squash Pizza
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
We took standard, run-of-the-mill pizza and gave it a seasonal spin. Topped with roasted butternut squash and cubes of tender sweet potato, then spiced just right with cinnamon and cayenne, this autumnal pizza is made easy using Pillsbury™ pizza crust. Push the boundaries of what pizza can be—the results are going to be delicious. Recipe by Tablespoon.com.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into a small dice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into a small dice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 bunch kale, finely chopped
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pizza Crust
- 1 cup shredded Manchego cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange the diced butternut squash on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes on another baking sheet. Drizzle with a little bit of oil and sprinkle with cumin and cayenne. Throw a little salt on it, too. Bake both sheets for 30 minutes, or until soft and roasted.
- Transfer the butternut squash to a food processor; add the milk and process until smooth.
- Roll the pizza dough out onto a greased baking sheet. (I flipped one of the pans over to use for the pizza.) Cut into 8 equal squares and parbake for 8 minutes.
- Evenly spread the butternut squash puree over each pizza square. Top with sweet potatoes, kale and the shredded Manchego cheese.
- Bake another 6 to 8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately!