- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) apricot preserves
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 cups (750 mL) sliced fresh rhubarb, or frozen rhubarb, thawed, drained
- Place pie crust in 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom or 9-inch glass pie pan as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie. Trim edge if necessary.
- Place baking sheet on middle oven rack in oven to preheat; heat oven to 375ºF. In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup flour, the brown sugar and oats. With fork or pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix granulated sugar and 3 tablespoons flour. Stir in whipping cream, apricot preserves and egg yolk until well blended. Stir in rhubarb. Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Sprinkle topping evenly over filling.
- Place tart on preheated baking sheet in oven; bake 40 to 50 minutes or until filling bubbles around edge and topping is deep golden brown. Let stand 30 minutes before serving.