Raspberry-Cream Cheese Crescent Danish
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
Skip a trip to the bakery, and make these flaky raspberry cream cheese Danish in your own kitchen, using Pillsbury™ Crescent Rolls and a handful of pantry staples.
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- 1/3 cup cream cheese spread (from 227 g tub)
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 8 teaspoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Remove dough from can; do not unroll. Using serrated knife, cut dough into 8 slices. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Press each slice into 3-inch round, leaving ridge around outer edge.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese spread and 3 tablespoons icing sugar. Spoon about 2 teaspoons cream cheese mixture on centre of each dough round; spread slightly. Top each with 1 teaspoon raspberry jam.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet; remove to serving plate.
- In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup icing sugar with enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over Danish. Serve warm.
- You can use strawberry or cherry jam in place of the raspberry jam.
- Bake on cooking parchment paper-lined cookie sheet for easy cleanup.