Raspberry-Cream Cheese Candy Cane Crescent Danish
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 45 min
Whether you need to distract the kids from opening presents on Christmas morning or feed your overnight guests around the holidays, this candy cane-shaped Danish filled with fresh raspberries and cream cheese is the way to do it.
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- 125 g cream cheese, softened (half of 250 g package)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon milk
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper; spray generously with cooking spray. Unroll dough; separate into 8 triangles. Cut each triangle in half lengthwise. On cookie sheet, place crescent triangles lengthwise in long row, pointing same direction, with edges overlapping slightly on cookie sheet. Press overlapping edges together to help seal, but leave triangle points free.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of the granulated sugar with spoon until well blended. Spread cream cheese mixture in 2 1/2-inch wide strip lengthwise on widest part of dough, leaving 1/2-inch edge. In small bowl, toss raspberries and preserves; place on top of cream cheese layer.
- Fold over tips of dough to enclose filling; pinch ends of dough on edge to attach. Gently picking up top end of dough, curve one end of strip to form top of cane. Brush dough with melted butter; sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon granulated sugar over top.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet. Use spatula to carefully help slide Danish from parchment to serving platter, loosening edges with spatula first, if needed. In small bowl, mix icing sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of the milk until well blended. If too thick to drizzle, add additional drops of milk. Drizzle with fork over top. Serve warm.
- Preserves differ from jam in that the chunks of fruit are medium to large rather than the texture of thick puree.
- To quickly soften cream cheese, remove from wrapper, and place on microwavable plate; microwave uncovered on High about 15 seconds or just until softened.