Pumpkin Slab Pie
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 3 hr 0 min
We took traditional pumpkin pie and transformed it into a slab pie for a crowd! Every bite is just like the traditional creamy, smooth, pumpkin-flavoured pie you're used to, but with a greater crust-to-filling ratio (Added bonus: There's no need for a pie pan!). Bake this classic dessert for everyone in your family and then some this holiday season.
- 1 box (400 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 count), softened as directed on box
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups canned pumpkin (from 796 mL can)
- 2 cups evaporated milk (from two 354 mL cans)
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C). Remove crusts from pouches. On lightly floured surface, unroll and stack crusts one on top of the other. Roll to 18x12-inch rectangle. Fit crust into 15x10x1-inch pan, pressing firmly into corners and sides, stretching dough slightly, if necessary. Fold extra crust underneath and slightly on top edges of pan. Flute or crimp edges. Bake 6 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C).
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat eggs with whisk. Beat in remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour into prebaked crust.
- Bake 33 to 36 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store in refrigerator.
- We use a 15x10x1-inch pan—also known as a "jelly roll pan"—for our slab pies. Be sure to use this size pan for best results.
- Press crust firmly into bottom and sides of pan to avoid any bubbles in crust during prebake.
- Prebaking the crust is essential to ensure bottom of crust bakes all the way through once filled.
- Top servings of pie with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon, if desired.
- You can make this sheet-pan pie up to one day ahead; cover and refrigerate.
- If you do not have pumpkin pie spice, you can make your own by combining equal amounts of ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice or cloves.