- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crushed gingersnap cookies (9 cookies)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 can (796 mL) pure pumpkin
- 1 cup (250 mL) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups (500 to 625 mL) miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Place baking sheet on middle oven rack. Unroll pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie. In small bowl, mix streusel ingredients. Sprinkle streusel in crust-lined pie plate.
- In large bowl, mix filling ingredients. Pour into pie crust on top of streusel. Place pie plate on baking sheet in oven. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF. Bake 35 to 45 minutes longer or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 3 hours.
- Just before serving, set oven control to broil. Spread marshmallows evenly over top of pie, completely covering filling. Broil pie with top about 5 inches from heat about 30 seconds, watching carefully, until marshmallows are lightly browned. Marshmallows will brown quickly. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.