- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened (375 g total)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix) (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on package for one-crust filled pie. Bake about 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, flour and cream cheese with electric mixer on low speed until smooth; reserve 1/2 cup in small bowl. Add remaining ingredients except milk to cream cheese mixture. Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl constantly, until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Stir milk into reserved cream cheese mixture. Spoon over pumpkin mixture. Cut through cream cheese and pumpkin mixtures with knife in S-shaped curves in one continuous motion for marbled design. Turn pie plate one-fourth turn and repeat.
- Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil for last 15 minutes of baking. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes. Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Store covered in refrigerator.
- Use 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
- Make the pie up to 24 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate.
- Top the pie with dollops of whipped cream sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice or chopped crystallized ginger.