- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 oz (1/4 of 250 g pkg) cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar, granulated sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Separate crescent dough into 8 triangles. Spread 1 tablespoon pumpkin on widest side of triangle. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar mixture. Place cream cheese piece on wide side, and roll to opposite point, tucking in ends. Place in baking dish. Repeat 7 times. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture over crescents. Pour apple juice over crescents.
- Bake 27 to 32 minutes or until crescents are golden brown and baked through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve these delicious dumplings with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.
- If you don’t have apple juice, you can substitute the same amount of water.