Pull-Apart Crescent Meatball Sliders
These yummy Pull-Apart Crescent Meatball Sliders are easy to put together and use ingredients you probably already have in your fridge and pantry. Transform frozen meatballs, pasta sauce and Pillsbury™ Original Crescents into cheesy handheld sliders that work great as a family meal or a comforting appetizer.
- 16 frozen Italian meatballs
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato basil pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Make meatballs in microwave as directed on package; set aside to cool slightly. Unroll and separate dough into 2 long rectangles. Place on cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Firmly press edges and perforations to seal. Press each dough sheet into 14x4-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese down centre of both pieces of dough. Space 8 meatballs evenly over cheese on each piece of dough. Spoon pasta sauce over meatballs. Press ends together to seal.
- Starting from one end, stretch and pull both sides of dough up and between each meatball; press together to seal.
- With table knife, score dough between meatballs.
- In small bowl, mix melted butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Brush evenly over dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until dough is deep golden brown and meatballs are hot in centre (at least 165°F/71°C). Serve with additional warmed pasta sauce for dipping.
- For best results, opt for a smooth pasta sauce instead of a chunky sauce.
- Like it hot? Add 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes to the butter mixture before brushing on the meatball sub.