Pull-Apart Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Crescent Christmas Tree
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
It’s not Christmas without a tree or sweet treats, so here’s a recipe that has both. This crescent roll Christmas tree looks stunning, but it’s actually super easy to make. Simply roll sweetened cream cheese and chocolate chips inside pieces of Pillsbury™ Crescent Dough, and then shape the whole thing into a pull apart Christmas tree to bake. Sprinkle with a little icing sugar for the finishing touch, and watch this Christmas tree dessert disappear as guests come back for "one more piece" again and again.
- 2 cans (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- 175 g (three-fourths of 250 g package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Separate dough into 16 triangles. Use pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut each triangle in half lengthwise to get 32 triangles.
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese and icing sugar with spoon until well blended. Spoon a generous teaspoon of the cheese mixture on shortest side of each triangle; add a rounded 1/2 teaspoon chocolate chips.
- Roll up each crescent, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point. Using photo as a guide, place crescents next to each other in tree-shaped pattern on cookie sheet, starting with top and working way to bottom trunk.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Sprinkle with additional icing sugar, if desired.
- Line your pan with parchment paper to catch any filling that may spill out of crescents while baking.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut crescent dough.
- Use a fine-mesh sieve to sprinkle crescent tree with additional icing sugar.