- 1 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 6 cups (1.5 L) thinly sliced, peeled apples (6 medium)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sugar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) flour
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) nutmeg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400°F. Prepare pie crust according to package directions for Two Crust Pie using 9" (23 cm) pie plate.
- In large bowl, stir together filling ingredients. Place filling evenly into pie crust. Top with second crust; wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge. Press edges together to seal; flute edges as desired. Cut slits in top crust to vent.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil after first 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.
- Apple varieties great for this pie include Granny Smith, Ida red, Spy, Spartan and Empire.