Pear-Havarti Crêpe Squares
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 45 min
Havarti cheese and fresh pear slices offer an upscale flavour pairing, while Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent roll dough makes this delicious breakfast bake so easy to prepare.
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) unsalted or salted butter, melted
- Dash salt
- 1 unpeeled medium pear, cored, thinly sliced
- 1/3 lb (166 g) Havarti cheese (4 or 5 slices), torn into quarter-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) icing sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) seedless red raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Unroll crescent dough; press in bottom of pan, pressing perforations to seal. Bake about 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In medium bowl, place flour, vanilla, milk, eggs, melted butter and salt. Using electric hand mixer, beat 20 to 30 seconds or until batter is smooth.
- Top baked crescent layer with pear slices. Pour batter over top. Place cheese pieces on batter; press some pieces down to cover with batter and leave other pieces uncovered.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes longer or until top is light golden brown and edges are golden brown. Sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve with jam.