Crust and Filling
- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 mL) eggnog
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) light rum or 1/2 tsp (2 mL) rum extract
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell as directed on box using 9-inch glass pie plate. Prick crust generously with fork.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF. Cool 5 minutes. Layer pear slices and cranberries in baked crust.
- In medium bowl, with wire whisk, beat sugar, nutmeg, sour cream and eggs until smooth and well blended. Pour evenly over fruit.
- Cover edge of crust with 2 to 3 inch strips of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until custard is just set and pears are fork-tender. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small saucepan, mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of the eggnog until mixture is smooth. With wire whisk, beat in remaining eggnog; cook over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture just begins to boil. Remove from heat; stir in rum. Serve warm sauce over pie. Store pie and sauce in refrigerator.