- 7 cups (1.75 mL) fresh or frozen (partially thawed) sliced peeled peaches (about 3 pounds)
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) peach preserves or jelly
- Heat oven to 425ºF. In large bowl, mix peaches, sugar, tapioca, cornstarch, cinnamon and lemon juice. Let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, unroll 1 pie crust on work surface. Sprinkle both sides lightly with flour; place in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Spoon peach mixture into crust-lined plate. Press firmly against side and bottom. Top with second crust and flute; cut slits in several places.
- Cover crust edge with 2 to 3 inch strips of foil to prevent excessive browning; bake 20 minutes. Remove foil; brush with preserves. Bake 20 to 30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool at least 2 hours before serving.