Peach Pie Dip
If you love peach pie (and seriously, who doesn’t?), brace yourself for the brilliance that is this peach pie dip. It’s all the same flavours of the classic summer pie — right down to the sugared pie crust crackers for dipping — and half the work. Totally genius, right?
Pie Crust Dippers
- 1 Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 bag (600 g) frozen peaches, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Yoplait® Creamy vanilla yogurt
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Unroll pie crust on parchment paper. Spread 1 tablespoon melted butter on top of pie crust; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares, then pull apart 1/8 inch. Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on cookie sheet.
- Meanwhile, pat peaches dry, and coarsely chop. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peaches, and cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened and beginning to brown on edges. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar, the vanilla and cinnamon. Continue to cook 30 to 60 seconds, stirring constantly, until sugar melts. Transfer to medium bowl; cover and refrigerate until cooled, about 1 hour.
- Place remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar, the cream cheese and yogurt in medium bowl. With electric mixer, beat on medium speed until creamy and smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture on serving plate. Top with cooled peach mixture. Serve dip with pie crust squares as dippers.
- A pizza cutter makes quick work of cutting the pie crust into squares.
- Be careful not to overcook the peaches. The dip looks much prettier if the peaches retain most of their orange colour.