Orange Creamsicle™ Slab Pie
Reminiscent of your favourite summertime treat, this creamy layered slab pie is the perfect crowd-sized dessert for warmer weather. Pillsbury™ Pie Crust forms the base, followed by a combination of vanilla pudding, orange Jello-O® gelatin and Cool Whip whipped topping. Top it all with Golden Oreo cookies and colourful sprinkles.
- 1 box (400 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 count), softened as directed on box
- 2 boxes (85 g/4 serving size each) Jell-O® orange-flavoured gelatin
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 boxes (4 serving size each) Jell-O® vanilla-flavour instant pudding & pie filling mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 container (1 L) Cool Whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Golden Oreo cookies (about 12 cookies)
- 1 tablespoon orange and white candy sprinkles
- Heat oven to 450°F (230°C). Remove crusts from pouches. On lightly floured surface, unroll and stack crusts one on top of the other. Roll to 17x12-inch rectangle. Fit crust into ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, pressing firmly into corners and sides. Fold extra crust under, even with edges of pan. Using fork, prick all over bottom and sides.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and completely baked. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, add gelatin and boiling water; stir occasionally 2 minutes. Set aside. In large bowl, beat dry pudding mixes and milk with whisk about 2 minutes or until thick. Beat in dissolved gelatin mixture with whisk until well mixed. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping.
- Spread pudding mixture evenly onto cooled baked crust. Drop spoonfuls of remaining whipped topping (about 3 cups) on pudding layer, and carefully spread to cover. Refrigerate at least 4 hours until set.
- Before serving, top with cookies and candy sprinkles. To serve, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.
- Store remaining pie loosely covered in refrigerator.
- The cookie topping will soften with refrigeration, so be sure to top the pie just before serving.