- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 1/2 cup Nutella™ hazelnut spread with cocoa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts (filberts), if desired
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar or decorator sugar crystals
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease large cookie sheet, or line with cooking parchment paper; set aside. Unroll dough on work surface. Press into 13x8-inch rectangle. Spread hazelnut spread evenly over dough to within 1/4 inch of edges. Sprinkle with hazelnuts, reserving 1 tablespoon for topping.
- Roll up dough starting at longest side; pinch to seal.
- Place seam side down lengthwise in middle of cookie sheet.
- Using sharp knife, slice dough lengthwise to form 2 halves.
- Twist halves together with cut sides of dough facing up. Shape into circle; gently pinch ends together. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with sugar and reserved hazelnuts.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- You can use almonds in place of the hazelnuts if you like.
- Keep the dough well chilled for the recipe. If dough becomes warm, place in refrigerator for easier handling.
- If chocolate smears while handling dough, it will still have a nice appearance when baked.